24 Aug “FROM DRAWING BOARD TO RETAIL READY” – A PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP SERIES WITH EDDIE SHANAHAN
A LEITRIM DESIGN HOUSE BUSINESS A&E PROGRAMME
A business accelerator and evolution programme for individuals and small businesses in the art, craft and design sectors.
- Improve your business processes
- Create new ideas, products & collections
- Develop new promotional strategies and better customer engagement
- Improve competitiveness in advance of the Christmas 2017 season
Putting the creative sector on the fast track to business success, this product development programme, ‘From Drawing Board to Retail Ready’ facilitated by Eddie Shanahan will offer inspiration and advice, and will help you to develop your craft and design practice and business.
This is a completely NEW programme with Eddie Shanahan. It is suitable both for both new and established businesses. If you have worked with Eddie previously you know the quality of his programmes. This is a not to be missed programme!
Eddie Shanahan has a very extensive CV. and is very highly regarded in the Retail, Commercial and Craft & Design Sector. He specialises in business and product development, branding and marketing for craft, fashion, homewares & retail sectors.
“From Drawing Board to Retail Ready” will be hosted by the Leitrim Design House will take place from 10:30am-4; 00pm in The Dock, St. Georges Terrace, Carrick on Shannon, Co. Leitrim, Carrick-on-Shannon. Programme dates are as follows:
- Tuesday 19th. September
- Tuesday 3rd. October
- Tuesday 17th. October
- Tuesday 31st. October.
All participants must bring a new product idea or a proposal to develop an existing collection with a sample of their current work to the opening session.
There will also be an opportunity for participants to take part in The Leitrim Design House 2017 Christmas Showcase (by selection)
- Works with a portfolio of Irish and international clients including SMEs, state agencies, blue chip corporations and emerging talent.
- Chairperson of the Council of Irish Fashion Designers and a Director of the Leitrim Design House.
- Board Member of the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland.
- Devises professional business development programs for retailers including sourcing, marketing and customer service modules.
- Developed the ‘Irish Designers Create’ project with Brown Thomas to identify emerging Irish design talent with the potential to sell in this premium department store.
- Member of the Steering Committee for Ireland – The Design Island, a consultation paper towards a National Design Strategy.
- Extensive experience as a producer of innovative fashion shows and photo shoots in Ireland and internationally.
- Regularly contributes to news and lifestyle programs on national radio and television.