The Leitrim Design House is inviting applications for the position of Gallery Assistant. This position is part-time (21 hours/week). It is offered on a fix term contract and will involve weekend work. It also includes a requirement to work a minimum of 4 days per week. Salary starts at minimum wage.
The successful candidate should have experience of sales and marketing, customer care, possess good IT skills and have an interest in craft and art. Applications are particularly welcome from candidates who are currently on the live register and in receipt of benefits. Pobal eligibility criteria will apply.
The role is funded by Pobal under the Community Services Programme and all employees employed under this scheme are required to participate fully and engage in relevant projects that will contribute to the longer term viability of the positions. The key responsibilities for this position are outlined below. However, flexibility is required and employees are expected to co-operate with all reasonable requests in respect of different duties that they may be required to undertake. As first point of contact for visitors and telephone callers you will be required to maintain the highest standards of customer and visitor service and to provide information to visitors about exhibitions and activities.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Promote and contribute to maximum sales in the retail shop through customer engagement and promotion of product lines.
- Ensure that the premises and shop displays are at all times presented to maximise potential sales
- Offer information and talk to visitors and visiting groups about current exhibitions and displays
- Introduce new products to prospective buyers; to supply information about the work that they have purchased.
- Manage the sale of shop stock using the INTACT epos system; to operate the till; to handle cash and credit/debit card sales, to reconcile the till each evening and to cash up.
- Capture customer data and assist in the promotion of the business and the delivery of services
- Provide a welcoming environment for the visiting public and Front of House services for the Arts Centre
- Operate the Box Office using Ticket Solve; take bookings; process sales; provide information on box office events; answer and direct incoming phone calls; record all messages; answer inquiries.
This position is funded through the Department of Rural and Community Development’s Community Services Programme (CSP) Strand 3. One of the aims of the CSP is to create sustainable jobs for those who might otherwise find it difficult to get work.
The Leitrim Design House is an equal opportunities employer and this position is open to all applicants. However applications will be welcomed in particular from the following:
- Long Term Unemployed (LTU – continuously unemployed for over a year),
- Persons in receipt of disability allowance, invalidity pension, blind person’s pension or other disability benefit.
- Travellers in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Assistance or one parent family benefit.
- Stabilised and recovering drug misusers.
- Ex-prisoners who are in contact with the Probation Service
Applications including a CV and cover letter highlighting relevant experience should be sent to:
The Manager, The Leitrim Design House, The Dock, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim
Or by email: Info@leitrimdesignhouse.ie
Closing date for applications: 5 pm Sat February 29th