Do you have an interest in Craft, Art & Design? Would you like to gain experience in retail sales? Do you have good customer care skills? Do you thrive in busy environments? Join our Intern Programme and develop your skills and knowledge in a leading craft & design organisation. The Leitrim Design House is offering internship opportunities for graduates and students in relevant areas of study. Enjoy the opportunity to learn and develop existing skills in a creative environment. A detailed job description is available here.
The successful candidate should have some experience of sales and marketing, customer care, possess good IT skills and have an interest in craft and art.
Interested candidates should send an expression of interest to The Secretary, The Leitrim Design House at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Monday May 17th. Full applications including CV and cover letter should be submitted by Monday May 31st.
Please note that this programme has been designed to support recent graduates and early career professionals in the Culture & Creativity Sector who seek opportunities to expand their knowledge and expertise and gain valuable experience.
All interns must:
• Aspire to a professional career in the Culture & Creativity Sector. (This includes Marketing).
• Have a demonstratable commitment, relevant qualification or a sufficient level of knowledge, experience or accomplishments in the sector to allow optimum benefit to accrue from the opportunity.
• Be able to commit to the full duration of the programme(twenty weeks, two days per week).
All interns should:
• Be currently in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection.
• Be in other part-time employment while still fulfilling the requirements noted above.
The Leitrim Design House, a Community Services Programme funded by Pobal, supports and promotes Irish craft and design. Housed in The Dock, a beautiful 19th century Courthouse building, located in the heart of Carrick-on-Shannon, the Leitrim Design House showcases a distinctive range of 100% Irish made products. Its flagship gallery, considered one of the landmark visitor attractions in the region, has been recommended by the Design & Craft Council of Ireland as one of the leading craft and design outlet in the country.