In celebration of twenty three years of sustaining and nurturing creative Irish businesses, we are proud to launch The Leitrim Design House National Design, Craft & Art Awards. These national awards, celebrate excellence in craftsmanship and are born out of the organisation’s sustainability as a business during the past two decades. As a reflection on this longevity, The Leitrim Design House wishes to invite makers, artists & designers around the country to respond to the theme of reused sustainability.
The Leitrim Design House National Design, Craft & Art Award (€2,500) will be presented for the best overall submission. The winner of this award will be invited for a solo exhibition in The Leitrim Design House in 2024. A specially commended prize (€1,000) will be awarded to a runner up. The Leitrim Design House thanks the Local Enterprise Office Leitrim for their kind sponsorship of these awards.
For terms and conditions and rules of entry here
- Expression of interest opens from: 11:00am March 20th 2023
- Deadline for submission of applications: Friday June 23rd
- Announcement of shortlisted applicants: Friday July 14th
- The Leitrim Craft & Design Exhibition and announcement of finalists: Friday August 11th 2023
1. The Leitrim Design House National Design, Craft & Art Awards are open to makers, artists & designers living and working on the island of Ireland.
2. The award is open to practising makers, artists & designers at any career stage who can demonstrate artistic merit and expertise in their chosen field.
3. Applications will not be considered from students undertaking full-time study.
- Craftsmanship – quality in artisan skill and technique
- Innovation – a transformation or metamorphosis in technique, structure, form or function
- Design – a combination of structure, function and decoration that enhances contemporary living
- Engagement – with the theme of sustainability either through materials and/or concept
1. Only one submission is permitted per applicant.
2. Begin the registration process by filling out the expression of interest form here
3. If accepted, you will later receive an email inviting you to complete the registration process by filling out the final application (€10 entry fee)
All works must:- Address the theme of sustainability either through materials and/or concept.
- Be created on the Island of Ireland.
- Fit within the area of the applied arts, such as ceramics, jewellery, metal, furniture, leather,textiles, glass, paper, wood, etc.
- Demonstrate artistic intent in addition to technical proficiency
- Be an original piece.
- Be new work that hasn’t been exhibited elsewhere.
- Only one submission is permitted per applicant.
- Be created by professional artisans 18 years or older